I recently told you about one of my latest food obsessions: fish cakes.
Clearly the fad is not over yet.
In one of the most recent Canadian Living magazines, there was a delicious-looking recipe for Tandoori Salmon Cakes.And since I’d had so much success with my Tandoori Carrot & Apple Bisque, I was keen to try them out.
Mix all ingredients well and shape into eight equal patties. Fry on each side until crispy and golden. Serve alone, with lemon or with another dipping sauce, such as raita or chipotle mayo.
Adapted from Canadian Living
Why I loved these fish cakes:
- They turned out exactly like the picture in the magazine
- They were super quick and easy
- They contained ingredients I pretty much always have in my pantry
- They’re made with salmon instead of white fish, which is unusual and a refreshing change
- They had a bit of a kick to them (from the tandoori powder and the cayenne)
- They don’t have potatoes in them!
These were a hit at our house. What’s your favourite fish cake recipe?