A new family favourite recipe!
Well not new new, but sorta new. I’ve made it half a dozen times or so, and keep going back to it because it’s so easy and so darn good. Comfort food at its finest!
As I prepare to become a mom (gulp), I’m pretty sure my days of spending a whole evening or weekend in the kitchen, testing 4-6 recipes all at once, are pretty much over. It’s more likely that I’ll be juggling a million other things, and will see it as a victory if I get anything – anything! – on the table at suppertime. Homemade food is SO important to us, so it’s a good idea to have some super quick suppers (say that five times fast) ready to go at a moment’s notice.
This recipe is QUICK and EASY. And there are ways to make it even faster and easier too!
- You can use rotisserie chicken that’s pre-cooked. You just need to chop it up!
- You can use frozen broccoli. I do this all the time, and just thaw it and chop.
- You can use pre-shredded cheese (although this is expensive and lazy – let’s be honest).
- You can use leftover rice!
Does it get any better than that?
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used marble)
- Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes cereal
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Spread into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Top with crushed corn flakes. Evenly pour melted butter over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until top starts to golden.